Thank you for not losing another day. For speaking up against family violence.
Select, from the people on the left, who you are concerned about and weíll start helping you figure out how and when to help.
Abuse can be Physical, Sexual or Verbal/Emotional. It can happen to anyone, regardless of age, race, gender, income level or sexual orientation.
If you read nothing else, know this about helping:
- Never judge.
- Always make it a private conversation.
- Let them know that this is not their fault and should never happen.
- It is most helpful to listen, believe and support. Do not take over.
- Donít make promises you canít keep.
- Keep your word and do not discuss the abuse with others without permission.
- Respect his or her pace; be patient.
- Be an agent to help the person get support from other professional sources.
- Listen, listen, listen.
For a list of things NOT to say, Click Here
For immediate help call one of the centers located in your area.
See our campaign materials here.